There are so many types of air-conditioning systems, with so many terms, that it can get pretty confusing. They can be classified by method of cooling (eg. reverse-cycle, evaporative) or classified by delivery system (eg. ducted, or split systems).
Split systems are the most common type of aircon in Australian homes, and they’re titled as such because they have two parts – the indoor unit, and the outdoor unit.
To confuse you even more, split systems come in many different types. Here we will give a quick overview of the main types of split systems and their features, so you can start to figure out what you need.
Split system air conditioning is perfect for those on a smaller budget, they are an excellent, cost-effective solution to heat or cool a single room or area of a house, such as a living room, or a bedroom. Split systems provide both heating and cooling and can be installed in almost any location.
- Easy Installation – no ductwork to install, only needs a small hole in the wall for copper tubing and control wiring
- Quiet operation – quiet enough to install almost anywhere with minimal disturbance
- Heating capability – reverse cycle means they can heat and cool
- Easy to maintain – washable filters, small amounts of routine maintenance
Cost effectiveness – economical to run
- Simple control – easy remote controls
- Attractive design – no big clunky window units
Wall Split Systems
4-Way Cassette Split Systems
We’re the experts in any type of air-conditioning, and we can help you get the right type for your needs and budget, at the best efficiency.
Get a Quote
GET A FREE QUOTE
Please complete the below form and a representative will be in touch shortly